Social Icons

twitterfacebookgoogle pluslinkedinrss feedemail

Pages

Thursday 25 December 2014

Don't apologise for Christmas

Sitting here relaxing after a peaceful Christmas day I find it hard to believe how some try their best to destroy this relaxing time of year.  After all, it doesn't effect anybody how I choose to spend my holidays but it seems there is always someone who thinks they have the right to change my way of thinking.
For me personally I am happy to wish all people, of all religions, a happy and peaceful Christmas.  Now it may well be that some do not celebrate the Christmas break the same way as me but I don't see why I should feel guilty because of the way I do.  After all, "Religious tolerance lies at the heart of any civilised society. 

It is the right to respect the traditions and cultures of others."  "But because we respect and tolerate the views of others, it doesn't mean we have to apologise for our own beliefs, traditions or cultures".

All to often nowadays we are having our traditions undermined by a few of the 'politically correct' and 'the apathetic parts of our society'

The ridiculous attitudes of some and our concern of offending minorities is enforcing us to change the way we look at Christmas and performing traditional plays such as Scrooge.

This is not an imaginary loss as it is part of our heritage that is being erased r many kids.  It is time we reminded ourselves that we are largely a Christian Country and should be proud of our heritage. 

Why should we have to apologise or shy away from the religious element of Christmas?

Why are the angry crew so determined to be offended on behalf of others?  The truth is it is not just a few small-minded, petty people who instigate this but a self-righteous minority who want to change the views of the rest of us.

How long before they try to change our language by the back door because they know they would never get away with it if they argued for it openly? 

No doubt the usual crew will say I am being paranoid in my attitude and expect me to retract my view.  This simply makes my point for me as I am getting fed up with petty restrictions being imposed by the few who are allowed to enforce us on how we should conduct ourselves.

So finally, I hope you have all had a fantastic Christmas with a prosperous new year ahead.

http://dreamhomestoday.blogspot.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
 
Blogger Templates